January 31, 2011
January 30, 2011
Will you go?
1. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things glasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5. Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6.Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
NOTE: This piece of text is SATIRICAL, if you do not understand what that means please do not write comments that criticise the text...otherwise that would be irony at it's best.
January 28, 2011
January 27, 2011
Who do I see when I look in the mirror? What a great question, isn’t it? Nowadays I do not know who I am. I feel like I am lost in between worlds, stardoll and real life. Somehow, I do not know what I wish to do either here or there. There are many decisions I have to take regarding school and my education but I am just not prepared to choose.
This task was a wake-up call. When I first saw it, I was like PERFECT, THAT’S THE PERFECT THING FOR THEM TO DO. I began to think, and who do I see? I couldn’t find the answer for this question, I started freaking out. Although I don’t think we have the best perception of who we are, I think we always describe who we wanted to be. That was what I started doing but finally realize, THIS IS NOT ME.
I encourage you to do this question to yourself; you are a blogger, writer or just a reader of this blog. Tell us who you are. Help me find myself.
Congratulations to the AWSOME 18 and Noelle and Isabella this contest is AMAZING.
January 26, 2011
I opted not to use my usual banner this time as i want the poster above to be the focus of this post.
Graphic design has become one of my very few outlets in such a short period of time.
I am taken into a whole new dimension when I write. Through this, i am able to express feelings that may be too cheesy for some and even those that are too harsh for others if communicated through words.
In coming up with the MDM's Next Top Blogger competition, I have just planned to look for a new writer for this blog.
It's as simple as that.
Weeks of planning passed and finally it was time for the 18 finalists to go through their first challenge
...Little did i know that it will most likely become a first challenge for myself, the judges and you our dear followers instead.
When i read all the posts, i got lost for words... i am impressed beyond belief and i found myself bowing down to these 18 young souls.
The competition is far from over but i believe that as early as now, 18 blogging stars have just been born.
(Read what they've written here)
I know for a fact that when this competition comes to an end... or when a finalist gets eliminated, each and everyone of them (the winner included) will grow as bloggers or should i more appropriately say... writers.
There will be tons of opportunities coming and doors opening for them which brings me to address all the other blog owners out there.
In bringing two of my most favorite things together (graphic designing and blogging), I have resolved that the poster above will be a first in a series of graphic posters showcasing blog owners and their blogs, Stardoll writers amongst us and those people who are serving to be true inspirations to many (myself included) in this virtual world of ours.
Through this simple gesture, i am expressing my deepest gratitude to our followers and our media partners and affiliates.
...and to all my 18 MDMNTB girls, in or out of MDM, you are stars. You deserve the BEST. :)
January 24, 2011
On the other side of the fence though, Stardoll's Most Wanted owned by emorox4eva is brewing a project that promises to give exposure to thousands of Stardesigners out there.
January 22, 2011
The first ever battle amongst the best of the best is now here and I am so excited about it.
The winner takes all as they say. And she sure would, with a 14-month superstar code, over 3,000 Stardollars in cash and a regular writing post here at MDM.
Each week, 1 girl will be eliminated and the best post (based on your responses of course) will be published here at Stardoll's first ever lifestyle blog.
Again, to all of you MDM followers...